Thursday, March 1, 2018

In Like a Lamb

The first time I published this post no words appeared, so when the first 11 commenters viewed, they were probably a bit confused!  So sorry!  I'll try to remember my captions for the pictures!  First of all, Timothy (sleeping above) is very happy that Bill is home from Taiwan.  He missed him SO MUCH!

Last week the cousins below accompanied Kelli and I to our weekly coffee talk/chat time on Monday evening.  It was snowing like crazy and the girls enjoyed hot chocolate and treats. 
Even though March arrived like a lamb today, I am still using my LOVE MONTH mugs. 
Look at Mr. Big Shot below!  How did he grow into a big boy SO FAST?
My friend Betty sent me a lovely gnome!  I adore him!  He hangs in the kitchen. 
I have two more patterns to add to my handmade wardrobe!  Woo hoo!
I bought a little purse to put my Bible verses in.  It's perfect!  It was $7.  Bargain. 

My friend Elaine is finished with chemo and her hair is going to grow back fast so I must finish her hat and mail it away!  
I made Noah a pillow for his pacifier.  He loses it during the night and sometimes wakes up his tired parents.  He likes it! 
Mr. Fatty Face says hello!  
I'm trying my hand at Norwegian mittens.  It's fun.  In many ways I'm very remedial when it comes to knitting.  I really want to be good at it, but one can't just learn everything in the blink of an eye (or over the course of about 34 years!  LOL!)


These cuties spent the night on Sunday.  They are so fun to take to dinner.  They are so polite and they eat all of their food!

Here's me showing off my winter pedicure! 
Here we have two skilled mitten designers. 


This is what Timothy likes to do every morning.  He wants this lap relaxing to go on forever! 



Here is Plum Cake's latest selfie!  Those eyes!  She's funny!


I read Billy Graham's book about growing older (Nearing Home) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I found it helpful, too.  Now I am reading Team of Rivals (about Lincoln) for book club. It's very loooooong and very detailed.  I hope I finish it.  I'm also reading Trusting God by Jerry Bridges (EXCELLENT!)
I met a new knitting friend at Starbucks today and we had so much fun getting to know each other and talking about wool and patterns, designers and blogs/vlogs.  It was delightful.
Tomorrow I go to the retreat house to pray with my prayer ladies.  Yay!
I'm so glad Bill's home.  His time in Taiwan was wonderful, but I am delighted to have him back in our homey home.
God be with you, kind reader!   


29 comments:

Kim said...

Is that you hiding in that colourful hat-in-the-making, lovely Pom Pom. Oh you are funny. Gorgeous photos. Love that sweet little purse and those patterns are very cool. It seems to me there is much fun to be had at your home!

Granny Marigold said...

I enjoyed all the pictures. The Nisse is cute; so is that lovely little purse ( and the girls, and Timothy and....)

My Creative Life said...

Lots of good family photos. Love to see Tim, I keep telling QT, it's normal to sit on laps but he won't have it. Take care, Cathy x

Elizabethd said...

More like a lion here!
Gorgeous cat as ever.

elizabeth said...

Fun pictures! ♡♡♡♡

GretchenJoanna said...

What a darling pocketbook!!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a happy post! Your toes even look happy!

Have a great Friday and weekend ~ FlowerLady

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Great pictures. Timmy looks very comfortable.

Mary

happyone said...

A great blog post of pictures. : )
Happy March!!

ellen b. said...

In like a lamb here in the Seattle area, too. I'm almost giddy with the sunshine we got today! Your hands are busy! Enjoy your evening!

Julia said...

A picture is worth a thousand words. Your post has Happy written all over it. I wonder what the girls are laughing about, so cute...Timothy sure looks happy and spoiled. Love those summery toes. I'm waiting for warmer weather to bare my toes.
HUgs, Julia

M.K. said...

Looks like lots of fun going on there! Look at your toes in their spring red :) And those are some fine socks you have coming along, Pom!

Julia said...

I must be tired because twice this evening I forgot to click on publish.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Your post has Happy written all over it... I love those laughing girls. I wonder what was so funny...
Love those summery painted toenails.


Timothy sure looks happy and spoiled.
Hugs, Julia

Julie said...

Love the purse, Love the toenails, gorgeous knitting LoVE Timothy!!!

Gumbo Lily said...

Sweet pics. I love the little snap purse.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Great to have your Bill home, wondered if he takes pictures of his travels? Taiwan is interesting. Your Norwegian knitting looks challenging but the results could be beautiful so worth the effort.
We have thick snow and sub zero temps here in the UK and everyone is buying up all the food like a seige! It reminds me of the 1970s when I was a girl and we had the three day week and sugar/bread shortages :) I think the gnome will be very happy at your place. They had some carved ones down the salt mines we visited, apparently if one winks at you it means your deepest wish will come true - I didn't make a wish though.

Kim said...

Though I loved your photos, I love your unique words, lovely Pom Pom. I too have read Billy Graham's book Nearing Home. I loved it. Have a lovely time with your prayer ladies.

Between Me and You said...

How do you manage in your snow. Our country has come to a complete standstill this week!!My two girlies were here for a short time on Wednesday before the weather took a turn for the worst!!We had snow much fun!!!Love all your handmakes!Betty's gnomes are the ties that bind us!!!xx

NanaDiana said...

Glad Bill is home safe and sound. I love all your pictures and the grandkids are growing up fast!
I think I need to read Billy Graham's book...it is always nice to get a review from someone on a book.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

Beca said...

You keep good company with two lovely girls and a handsome growing boy. Timothy's pretty cute too. March crept in on us. I can't believe it's already the third month of the year. Crazy! Happy reading. Have a great weekend!
xx Beca

Jeanie said...

Wonderful, creative, and loads of fun! Cute kids, cute cat, great knitting. Eliaine is fortunate to have you as a friend and I wish her well with her cancer journey.

Farm Girl said...

I am glad Bill is home. Its always nice when our house is back to normal isn't it? Wonderful pictures. I love all of your knitting. Timothy is such a cuddlier. The girls look so cute.
I hope you have a lovely day.

Kezzie said...

Ooh,you've been up to lots!!! Well done you.
Ha ha, Tim does look porky in that picture!
I LOVE the glove-designing activity- so much fun!!
Your dress patterns look good as do the Norwegian mittens.
The Bible verse purse (it rhymes) is a great idea!

Dianna said...

I live in an area where March came in like a lion...should I look forward to it going out like a lamb? :)

I enjoyed all of your pictures...and learning something new in knitting sounds like something fun. I crochet and I love the challenge of trying a new pattern.

Have a great weekend!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi! Such a lovely little purse for your Bible verses! Do you carry that in the car with you or to be used just around the house. Family sure do grow up to fast and growing old happens too fast! How fun to meet a new friend! It was sunny here yesterday and I got my hopes up too soon as today is colder and we are suppose to get snow. It is great to hear that Bill is home. I think I should look in the library for the Bill Graham book. Have a great week. Nancy

Fat Dormouse said...

It is always lovely to read what you have been doing. All the Grands are sweet, and Timothy is a cuddle-bug! I envy you your knitting skills - even my granny squares turn out wobbly!

Marie said...

I accidentally found your blog this morning, and I am SO happy that I did! It's lovely, and so are you!

Kit said...

All looks so well and lovely. Always good to read your posts. They make me smile. ☺ Kit

Marcie said...

Love the mittens: those in progress AND those on paper. Been away from blog reading for a bit with busy job, masters courses, and finishing a second book! So nice to coe by tonight and catch up with you. You are like sunshine!

Followers